~A New Year to Balance~ 2022

                                            
 


    It's that time of year when we make resolutions for the months ahead, hoping to be better people in all areas of our lives.  :)
     
     One area I strive to improve, is balancing home life and school.
Our blended family has seven children total, though just four live with us. The other three live on their own and we love it when they come to visit or we visit them. Considering the speed of life at this point, they mostly come to see us.  :)

     The long six year journey I took to finish my schooling as a single parent, is beginning to pay off! I am in my third year of teaching (Initial Teacher License), and recently applied for my Professional License which is good for seven years. I cannot articulate the excited sense of relief when my application was approved and I received my Professional License in my inbox. I am officially a "professional" teacher!  :)

    I remarried after my first year of teaching, and must admit that COVID-19 shut down issues, along with reading negative Education articles from various sources, caused me to question whether I should continue within the realm of education.
My husband continued encouraging and pushing me when I questioned my abilities in a challenging pandemic environment. I could relate to the frustrations in the world of education, and then just as quickly grew frustrated not being able to find quiet time at home (said by a true introvert).  In retrospect, besides pandemic challenges effecting the world of education, I was also adjusting to a new blended family during my second year of teaching. I'm grateful that my husband kept encouraging me to persevere through the 2020-2021 school year.  :)
    I am now entering the last of my third year, and pray that God continues to provide the strength, wisdom, and perseverance to help my students succeed with their academic goals. To whom much is given (a teacher license & mentor training), much is expected. I acknowledge the great responsibility ahead.

     Balancing home life as a teacher can often be a challenge. Planning meals has never been my favorite thing to do, and since I need to see things to remember what I'm doing (out of sight = out of mind)...this magnetic board above our calendar helps tremendously! 


By the way, very little is presently on the calendar. Don't let this fool you- it will quickly change as soon as the kids and I return to school. 


    Every once in a great while, the kids help, too! 
Last night, our 18 and 20 year old made chicken enchiladas for us. It was a wonderful treat!! They need to do this more often!  :)




    Coming up next time... crepes is a big favorite with the kids, and they request it frequently for breakfast. What about busy school mornings? What do we do for breakfast then?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~Time~

Grateful