~Time~

 The last time I wrote on this blog, was right after I had graduated from UCCS with a BA in Elementary Education, which included two endorsements (SPED & CLDE). I began working at a small rural school, and am presently in my third year of teaching.  

Where do I begin updating you on my life?!  :)

For quite some time, I have felt a stirring inside to begin writing again. For the past five or six years, I had to live busy due to survival as a single parent finishing a college degree to become a teacher. Now, however, the stirring in my heart has grown stronger, and I must slow down. :)  I'm sure you've heard the saying, "The mountains are calling my name and I must go"?                                                             Slowing down and writing reflectively is calling, and I must go. :)

The purpose for this blog is to keep family updated, to share various gluten-free and/or Keto recipes, and to share -or sometimes process- my thoughts. I have discovered that much can be learned from our day-to-day lives, and that sometimes one can learn and grow from the musings of others. Hopefully, what I share on this blog is well worth your time.  :)

First of all, I was a single parent for a little over four years before meeting the love of my life two years ago.  I realize that four years of waiting for Mr. Right may sound like a drop in the bucket for some people, but it was the longest four years of my life.  May I suggest that time is simply a number, and that the experiences a person lives each day may seem much, much longer? :) 

My story is quite a lengthy one since it involves politics, and it's possible I may share it in the future... in snippets. What I will say now, is that my experience with the dating world post- divorce, is that people are looking for perfection in others. My family problems or issues were enough to scare the most courageous man away. :).   I'm grateful that when I met my sweet husband a little over two years ago, nothing seemed to frighten him. My having had a gay first husband, my having children who struggled with anxiety and depression... nothing seemed to terrify the new man I had just met. I must admit that the more I shared with him, the more I began believing I would never hear from him again. Imagine my surprise when he remained interested!  :)

I'm pretty certain the reason my man was not scared off, was because he had been in the Army for 23 years. He was accustomed to facing issues head-on, with a "can do" spirit and attitude.

We have now been married for over a year, and have a blended family of seven children. Three of our young adult children live outside our home, and four still live with us. Oh, and we were married during the COVID-19 pandemic- a story in of itself. :)




 

God is good, faithful, and SO gracious!!!  He has blessed us abundantly, even in the midst of crazy and uncertain times. 


Coming in a blog post soon.... a couple of Keto/Gluten-free recipes we love!  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~A New Year to Balance~ 2022

Grateful